MESSAGES OF HELP AND HOPE
Through our Weekly Bulletin and Weekly Newsletter, DRA’s objective has always been to partner with our valued friends and customers to send you messages of help and hope. During the last six months, these publications have dealt with a number of topics aimed at helping you to successfully navigate change as you transitioned through the phases of the COVID-19 pandemic. More recently, we have been focusing on the “new normal” and stressing the need for each of us to aspire toward creating and achieving a “better normal” as individuals and team members.
Through our bulletins and newsletters, we have highlighted a number of winning life principles which are also foundational teaching points in DRA’s Customer Experience Transformation Training. Over the next two weeks, we want to highlight these principles so that you can study them more closely and appreciate them as winning principles by which to live. Our hope is that you will embrace them and incorporate them in your personal repertoire of life principles. Here is the first deposit of DRA’s Top Picks.
DRA’s TOP PICKS
DRA embraces and advocates a number of key principles that are applicable both to our private and public lives. Here are some of our most treasured life principles:
- NO BALL DROPPING
Ball dropping or the failure to keep working to achieve a desired goal is a no-no:
- Aim for no ball dropping
- Concentrate on keeping the ball moving without dropping it.
- Keep laser-focused on the demands and requirements of the goal/mission at hand.
- Ensure accurate completion of all goal-related tasks.
- WINNING WITH SELF…WINNING WITH OTHERS
We cannot win with others until we win with ourselves:
- Lacking the ability to control our impulses and behaviours will make it difficult for us to influence others to control themselves.
- Developing the ability to control our attitudes, thoughts, temper, feelings, mood, speech, reactions, and behaviours will help us to master ourselves.
- Achieving self-mastery gives us the experience and capacity to influence others in their journey to masters themselves.
- THE CHOICE IS OURS
The power to choose our attitudes, our thoughts, our feelings, our outlook on life, our responses to life, and our actions is ours and ours only:
- Recognize that we always have a choice.
- Be intentional about exercising the power to choose.
- Choose to be an influencer rather than a “knee-jerk reactor”, someone who reacts automatically to circumstances without thinking.
4.EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, WISDOM, AND CONTROL
We must develop the ability to recognize our strengths, weaknesses, and emotions, to apply wisdom in regulating them, and to control our responses to the emotions and behaviours:
- Recognize and understand our moods, emotions, and drives, and their effect on others.
- Build the competence to understand and recognize the feelings of others, and regulate our responses to achieve harmonious interactions.
- Practise emotional wisdom by controlling desires and moods that are harmful to our relationships, suspending judgement, and thinking before acting.
- Develop the social skills needed to manage relationships and build our social network, key among them empathy and conflict management.